The National ATMP Research School is accepting applications for the upcoming academic year. The application window opens on 15 December, 2023 and closes on 15 February, 2024. Make sure to mark your calendars and submit your application before the deadline.
We offer three different types of students the opportunity to join our program: co-funded PhD students, affiliated PhD students, and students interested in taking stand-alone courses. Below you can find more information about how to apply to the National ATMP Research School:
Open Call for Applications
The open call for applications to join the National ATMP Research School for the 2024/2025 academic year is open from 15 December, 2023 and closes 15 February, 2023.
Co-funded PhD Students
Co-funded PhD students are PhD students within research fields related to ATMPs, who are envisioned as future educators in relevant health and medical education programs, with funding provided by the National ATMP Research School.
Affiliated PhD Students
Ph.D. students with different funding sources, who would like to take part in our full course program, are also welcome to apply.
A separate application process with the same deadlines is available for affiliated Ph.D. students:
Students Interested in Stand-alone Courses
If you wish to take part in a specific course, you can apply directly through the host University's website/portal.
Each course will have its application process outlined on the respective University's platform.
To apply, the project application must meet the following criteria:
- The project must contribute to higher quality health care education in Sweden related to ATMPs,
- The application should be sent in by the project supervisor whose research should be in a field related to ATMPs.
More information coming soon
The selection process is conducted by an evaluation committee.
- For co-funded PhD students the selection process will evaluate project contributions aimed at enhancing the quality of healthcare education in Sweden related to ATMPs.
- Projects will be evaluated for:
- their ATMP relevance,
- scientific quality,
- potential impact,
- clinical need,
- and the qualifications of supervisors.
- In cases of equal ranking based on the above criteria, projects will be prioritized considering geographic distribution, diversity of research subjects, and diversity of supervisors.
- Our courses are open to PhD teachers in Swedish healthcare programs, other PhD students, and post-doctoral researchers in fields related to ATMPs.
- Affiliated PhD students should have research projects in research fields related to Advanced Therapy Medicinal Products (ATMPs) and must commit to the full training program of the research school.
To apply to become an affiliated PhD student, the supervisor and doctoral student should send an email to the National ATMP Research School's Head Coordinator, Johan Flygare along with necessary documents and forms.
Please contact Johan Flygare for more information:
Email: Johan [dot] Flygare [at] med [dot] lu [dot] se (Johan[dot]Flygare[at]med[dot]lu[dot]se).
Applications to become an affiliated PhD student will be reviewed by the National ATMP Research School's Head Coordinator, Johan Flygare.