Lund Stem Cell Center's Annual Retreat
SCC Annual Retreat 2024
Lund Stem Cell Center's Annual Retreat in 2024 will take place Monday, September 30, 2024 - Tuesday, October 01, 2024 at Hotel Skansen in Båstad, Sweden.
Lund Stem Cell Center Annual Retreat 2023 | Conference Program
09:15 Arrival at Hotel Riviera Strand, Båstad, registration and coffee
09:35 Welcome address: SCC Director Johan Jakobsson
09:40 SCC Diversity, Equity & inclusivity (DEI) – Sofie Mohlin & Nick Leigh
10:10 SCC Sustainability – Claire McKay
10:20 Young researcher talks
- Anita Adami (Jakobsson Lab): “LINE-1 elements regulate the identity of human pluripotent stem cells”
- Somadri Ghosh (Järås Lab): “H2-K1 protects murine MLL-AF9 leukemia stem cells from NK cell- mediated immune surveillance”
- Raquel Martinez Curiel (Kokaia Group): “Human cortical neurons rapidly generated by direct ES cell programming integrate into stroke-injured rat cortex”
- Camila Vazquez Echegaray (Pereira Lab): “Uncovering Regulators of Degrees of Cellular Plasticity by Direct Reprogramming”
11:20 Invited speaker: Johan Hyllner, Astra Zeneca & SCC SAB | “Career talk: Ways to Gain Insight in the Innovation Process and Build a Career in Industry and Academia”
13:00 Invited speaker: Luigi Naldini, San Raffaele Telethon Institute for Gene Therapy, Milan, Italy & SCC SAB | “Advanced Genetic Engineering of Hematopoietic Stem Cells to treat Human Disease
13:30 SCC PI Talk: Sofie Mohlin | “Embryonic models to study healthy and tumor development”
13:30 SCC PI Talk: Camila Consiglio | “Deciphering sex differences in human immunity using systems immunology”
14:00 Poster session 1
15:15 Check-in to rooms, coffee
15:30 Team building – networking and building relations
17:30 Mingle & free time
07:30 Breakfast and check-out
- Workshop 1: Bench to bedside - a commercialization perspective. Workshop leader: SCC PI Marcus Järås. Format: TBA.
- Workshop 2: Artificial Intelligence. Workshop leaders: Shamit Soneji, David Bryder & TBA. Format: panel discussion.
- Workshop 3: Grant writing. Workshop leaders: Filipe Pereira & Joan Yuan. Moderator: Marie Jönsson. Format: panel discussion.
- Workshop 4: Reading and Writing CVs with a DEI perspective. Workshop leader: Tomas Brage. Format: Beehive discussions.
*Choice of 2 workshops from the following:
10:00 Workshops (see above)
11:00 Poster session 2
13:15 SCC PI Talk: Sandra Lindstedt | “Repair and regenerating lungs for clinical transplantation - where are we today?”
13:30 SCC PI Talk: Mattias Magnusson | “Towards novel therapies for chronic lung diseases”
13:45 Stem Cell Center Article of the Year Award presentations
- 13:45: Oscar Legetth & Johan Rodhe (Soneji lab) "CellexalVR: A virtual reality platform to visualize and analyze single-cell omics data", iScience, 2021.
- 14:00: Pia Johansson (Jakobsson lab) "A cis-acting structural variation at the ZNF558 locus controls a gene regulatory network in human brain development", Cell Stem Cell, 2022.
- 14:15: Ani Grigoryan (Bourgine lab) "Engineering human mini-bones for the standardized modeling of healthy hematopoiesis, leukemia, and solid tumor metastasis", Science Translation Medicine, 2022.
- 14:30: Maciej Ciesla (Bellodi lab) "m6A-driven SF3B1 translation control steers splicing to direct genome integrity and leukemogenesis", Molecular Cell, 2023.
14:45 Award ceremony
Prize giving (best poster & team building)
14:55 Retreat closing remarks
15:00 Coffee to go and prepare to leave
15:15 Bus departure
16:30 Back in Lund
Participation is open to Lund Stem Cell Center only. Registration is closed.
Contact Retreat Coordinator: Claire [dot] McKay [at] med [dot] lu [dot] se
Highlights from the Lund Stem Cell Center Annual Retreat | September 2023
Laura Castilla Vallmanya
Claire McKay (contact person and Retreat Coordinator)